Well Summer is almost over. Well, summer break anyway. On the 24th of July when we were out by the neighbors she asked me if I was ready for the kids to go back. I am sure I made a face because I didn't think it was close enough to be even thinking about it. She then pointed out that we would be back at school in three weeks. No way man! Now here we are with only two weeks to go. I have to get them back on the right sleeping schedule and eating and functioning schedule. Now we only have a week and a half. I am ready but not really. I am not ready for the loving challenge of getting the kids to do their homework. Some of them care a little, but most of them could care less.
If anyone could let me know a way to motivate my children, it would be great. I have tried pointing out that the habits they form now will effect how they do things later in life, but that is to far away. They really can't see the future for themselves. I can, and I really hope I am wrong.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
The great thing about school is that you don't have to motivate them. It happens and they have to go. For now, they are probably like you and don't want to think about it. That's actually a good coping skill I think. It's how I'm coping with my next dentist appointment.
Your kids are competative right? Help them get motivated for school by making it a competition with each other - whoever's teacher reports that they worked the hardest gets a new bike or something to that effect at the end of the year. When they don't want to do their homework say things like, "I guess the kids doing their homework will earn the bike instead of you..."
I don't know?
Post a Comment