Okay, I am only talking about spring. Those silly little crocuses in the front yard are popping out. It's going to snow on them and I am going to loose them again. They popped out last year and then froze. The green stayed for a while but the flowers were gone. The greens from the other bulbs are popping up too. I love when spring comes, but I have a lot of yard work to do. I like the work but had no idea it took so much each season. Did mom and dad do this much every year and I was just oblivious? I knew about the mowing and the watering, but that's only part of the yard work.
I guess if it is time to pull on the work gloves and get to the shovelling, does that mean I need to get the ladder back from my brother-in-law so I can take down the Christmas lights?
Do any of you have an opinion on the Little Giant Ladders? I am thinking of buying one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Don't you remember the Family Home Evenings when I would drag you all out to do such things as weed the garden, clean up the trash from the yard. Sometimes we did it on Saturday. Usually I'd get you all out and start delegating chores. Then Mom would disappear into the house, then one of you children, then I would find myself all alone in the yard. Mom says she doesn't remember that. Ha Ha.
I've used Little Giant ladders. They are the sturdiest. They are very versatile. But they are much more difficult to set up and adjust than they show in the commercials.
Dad!
Actually I remeber doing that stuff in Salt Lake when we were really young. I remember weeding in the big garden. I don't remember you ever pruning bushes and timing trees, or even planting flowers. I know it got done, just not with me around.
Thanks for reminding me - I have to take down my Christmas lights too since there's NO chance Eran will do it.
Yes. Our dafodills have been snowed on 3 times now since popping out of the ground. I was watching a gardening show though and they said that if you "Plant" rocks in the ground by your spring flowers it will keep them cooler and they wont pop out at soon and die when it snows later in March and April. Just a thought. P.S. Thanks for the cute clothes for KEnzie. She's really enjoying having something new to wear.
Post a Comment